Today, I realized that I am approaching a quarter of a century next month. I thought what that meant and how I am currently doing with my life. And well… its a little sad. I’ve doing a lot of soul searching recently and I’ve come to the conclusion that from an outside perspective (my family in particular), my life is a complete mess. I am almost 25 years old and in the eyes of my family and society, I have nothing to show for my 24 years of space-taking, air breathing existence.
I am 24 years old, fat, single, degree-less, and job-less which is technically not true I happen to have 2 jobs thank you very much, but in all fairness they are both part-time and I haven’t had much hours, so in their eyes, I’m pretty much jobless.
If you have read my other posts, it wasn’t always like that one month ago, I had a lot more going for me, I had a full-time job, I just graduated college, I was in the process of moving to Thailand to teach English! But, life absolutely LOVES to throw my curve balls, and here I am once again trying to figure it out.
1. People come and go, but the ones who matter will be there for you
2. Living with your parents suck especially at 24.
3. Coffee. This magical sleeping antidote is effective.
4. No matter what age you are, there will always be people who “act like they are in high school”
5. Sometimes I have minor panic attacks about whether I am too old to wear cat printed clothes, or if I’m too young to wear Dr. Comfort shoes.
6. Staying up past 10:30pm is literally torture. How the hell did I manage to stay up all night in the past?
7. Alcohol can either be your best friend one day or your worst enemy another, choose wisely. Shots are absolutely impossible now I don’t care what anyone says.
8. Not having a degree does not mean I am inept or worthless.
9. You can either give up or shove it right back in their faces and pull yourself together.
10. Do kids nowadays know about Harry Potter? Oh God I hope so.
11. So, everyone I know is starting to get married, but we are too youn—oh yeah we are at that age now (internal screaming).
12. What is a boyfriend/significant other? And who needs one? I am perfectly capable person on my own, plus more pizza for me
13. 9-5 days suck you get 30 minutes of lunch but no recess. WTF
14. Why don’t they have better workout clothes for fat people? It doesn’t make sense?! DO YOU WANT ME TO WORKOUT IN A TRASH BAG IS THAT IT?!
15. I never knew being 24 could be so limiting, who knew the need to drive a rental car would be so important. What’s the difference between 24 and 25 when it comes to driving anyways?
16. I have absolutely nothing figured out but that’s okay. I’m only 24 who really has life figured out at 24?
17. A cat > man. A cat in a unicorn costume > life.
18. There is no such thing as a life timeline the world isn’t going to end if you don’t have an amazing career, are married, or have your life together as seen by your 18 year old self. Besides, let’s face it, your 18 year old self was an idiot.
19. Money really isn’t everything. Trust me.
20. A smile and kindness go a long way.
21. You become more aware of the world around you. And even though the world can be a really ugly place, you find beauty in the things you never noticed. People can really be amazing.
22. Never hold back. Life is too short to hold back, once you start facing things, life becomes a lot less stressful.
23. Don’t be afraid to talk to people, don’t be so quick to judge them.
24. It’s okay to mess up, it’s okay to fail. Life will take you all over the place, in the end, it’s up to you to decide if you will let it destroy you or lift you up. I know I mention this quite a bit but, at 24, you learn that you have to constantly remind yourself and that’s okay.
and as they say, life will go on.